Thursday, June 11, 2009

Practice Makes Improvements

Yesterday's footage gathering went really well. I would say we got very lucky with the video we took. We ended up interviewing the girls we had close-ups of, without planning and it worked great to put our package together. It has been awhile since I have gone out on a shoot, and I forgot how much I enjoy it. It got a little frustrating to try and find different shots. I concentrated on too many close-ups and we probably could have used a few more wide shots. Or with the wide shots, I didn't go from the wide to doing close-ups (main group and then close-ups of faces for each people in group). Overall, it was a great shoot and we got some really cool shots that work well with the script we put together. It's all a learning process and this project proves that no matter if you have experience in something or not, there is always ways to expand your skills and knowledge. I am always very impressed with how fast we were able to put the package together, so much faster than the original way I was trained with packages. Until next time...
~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment